The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Yesterday, KS became a tai tai for 2 hours! More accurately, 2 and a half hours!! WAH what happened?! She got this voucher from her daddy, that allowed her to go for a nice diamond dermabrasion facial treatment at Bioskin for juz S$39! It usually costs S$300!!!! WAH!!! K let me tell you the details of the very very shiok facial spa treatment experience.

I went to the Bioskin outlet at Wheelock place, a new outlet which is very nicely done up! It is on the 5th floor, which is full of those beauty treatment outlets for those tai tais.. all of them look very posh and of cos very ex. The minute I stepped into Bioskin, I was ushered into a very Zen looking, cosy little room. There, a lady offered me tea and then analysed my skin type. WOW even the tea smelled real good... very nice very fragrant floral tea!! You know.. I just bet it's those kinda tea the Emperor's favourite concubine drinks in the olden days... like those you always see on tv!! Back to the lady. Anyway, that lady analysing my skin type tried to dissuade me from getting the diamond dermabrasion facial thing, and choose the oxygen facial thing instead. After asking her a helluva lot of questions, I finally found out that the oxygen facial thing costs less than the diamond dermabrasion thing normally, whereas if I did it with the discount voucher, I will have to pay S$39 bucks, just like for the diamond dermabrasion. OF COS I CHOSE THE DIAMOND DERMABRASION LAR! What you think I am?! Stupid?! Dumb?! Heh this show that it never hurts to ask a few more questions. This also proves that you should never trust what a salesperson is telling you without asking her all the questions possible.

After the skin analysis, the lady showed me to the locker to leave my bag, and then to the toilet so I can empty my bladder before the 2 hour long facial starts. Now we talk about the toilet. Yes even the toilet is special. See? Tai tai's life is really different. Everything is better than normal. The toilet has a very Zen design.. well in fact the entire Bioskin save for the front counter has a Zen design. But that toilet is real posh. Frosted glass doors, hotel style interior (though there's only one cubicle, but I guess there aren't that many tai tais available to use it anyway.) After you've done your business, you go out of the cubicle, only to see this lady preparing towels by the sink for your use!! WAH this is a service even some 5 star hotels don't have lar!!! Don't believe me? Try going to the Fullerton toilet. Whee! This is the first time I've seen a towel lady in a toilet! Ok maybe not. I can't remember. But anyway, my point is, even the toilet they provide 5 star service. That's HOW SHIOK!

After the toilet trip, there was this waiting area where you sit and wait to be served while they prepare the room for you. Even that waiting area has a very posh design! Ok but I guess you are sick of hearing about the design. Let's talk about the magazines at the waiting area. There was such a great variety of mags there... from Style, to Female, to NuYou to I dunno what else... anyway a lot. And guess what!? All those mags are up-to-date mags! Like, they are the June and July issues!!! Not like those outdated copies you read at the regular hairdresser's or manicurist's! These are real up-to-date magazines and all are nicely kept! Meaning they are not like those torn and tattered ones that you find at other places! WOW this either means tai tais have good manners and treat those mags nicely, or it means tai tais don't even bother to flip thru those mags here cos they already have all of them at home!!

Now we talk about the room they have prepared for me. The design was..... juz shiok. It was dim, with soft nice music playing, and there was a tiny display of those waterfall geomancers always ask people to buy. There was a sink inside the room! A nice nice pretty sink! And the bed... wah!!! There was a nice soft cushion at one end! Being the blur blur KS, I thought it was meant for my head. Until the lady came in and told me it was for me to rest my feet upon!!! WOW! First class service!! And they covered my body with a thick thick nice warm blanket!!!! And the shoulder gown we changed into was also very nice and comfortable!!! KS thinks back to her regular facial place, with the lousy partitions they claim to be a room, and the thin towel-like cloth they use as a blanket, the coarse ugly shoulder gown, the yucky music (think winter sonata).... well I guess a tai tai's life's really different. Haiz.

Now for the facial. They used some equipment with small diamond pieces to kind of scrub the face to remove dead skin and clear all blemishes. They have a weird way of operating. The lady will first scrub the right half of my face, then hold a mirror in front of my face and force me to comment whether there's a difference between the right side of my face and the left side. She was like," See? Can you see a difference?" Erm... got diff meh? To me it looks the same... firstly I do not have much blemishes to clear anyway, secondly this diamond thing cannot do much for present pimples so that one on my chin is still there. After waiting for 5 seconds and I have yet to give an answer, she continues desperately," Look.. look carefully! Don't you think the right half of your face looks brighter and clearer? The layer of dead skin is gone!" Aiya anything lar. You say brighter then brighter lor. But she sounds so desperate that I was obliged to nod. With a sigh of relief, she puts down the mirror and continues on the left half of my face. Meanwhile, KS goes to meet Uncle Chow.

By the time the game of chess with Uncle Chow has ended, the lady has finished scrubbing my face and proceeds to slap on a cold paper mask to rejuvenate my skin. Then she exits the room. After a few minutes, a voice came from the door," Hi my name is XX. I'm here to give you a shoulder massage." WOW!!! You mean they even have a professional masseur here to provide the shoulder massage?! KS thinks back a bit bitterly to her regular facial place, where facial and massage are done by the same person. Those amateur masseurs.. anyhow knead... and after 5 minutes they announce that they are done. Like.. you might as well don't do it. Anyway this massage at Bioskin is real up to standard. That masseur... I really gotta say... she's really good. She found a lot of bones and cartilage in my body that I didn't even know existed!! WOW really shiok. The last time I had such a good massage was back at Phuket about 2 years ago. That was a full body massage. Anyway sometimes I don't really like massages cos I hate it when they keep touching the wrong places lar. Like yesterday. Lucky I was wearing my protective bra.. not the regular type. This one.. it's like a stretch of cloth that covers the entire area. Hee hee see how you touch. The other time at Phuket, that masseur made me strip to my underwear sobz.. and then she started massaging me, while I was lying face down. I was kinda topless btw.. then suddenly she asked me to turn and face up. WAH!!! Of cos I refused! But she kept asking me to do it, all the while she was laughing away, her face filled with some sadistic voyeuristic madness. And that was the closest I ever came to being raped. Of cos in the end I still refused. But.. you know.. the damage is done.. my young innocent heart no longer innocent.. sobz. From then on, whenever I go for massages, I made sure I had my protective gear on!! Yeah so there.. back to the massage. It lasted for a full 20 minutes! And after it was over, the masseur bathed me (kind of lar. She soaped and cleaned my shoulders) and after drying my shoulders, guess what!? She even dusted nice, sweet smelling powder on me!! WOW enjoyment to the max. This is the high life baby!

Next, the mask was removed, and my face was subjected to a cold steam to close the pores and rejuvenate the skin. All this cold treatment is making my wisdom tooth hurt like hell.. but never mind. The relaxation more than makes up for it! Anyway while my face was being steamed, guess what... another massage! A scalp massage!!! A full 10 minutes of it! Sooo shiok! The last time I had a good scalp massage was back at this China high end hair salon. To them, it was kinda of like a hair salon run by someone like our David Gan. I had a wash, blowdry, and a nice scalp massage, all for less than S$10!! WOW! So cheap! Actually wanted to try their haircut.. but decided against it in the end. China hairstyle.. might not suit Singaporean face. Anyway back to the scalp massage. Yeah. It was just..... good. No other word to describe. I felt like I was in heaven. Or even better, a princess with 10 thousand maids to attend to her! WOW!

After the cold steam and scalp massage, the lady brushed (literally) some toner onto my skin, and then it was eye cream to hydrate the eye area, and also sunblock..... and guess what's the last one.

Guess.

Guess lar quick!

Bet you can't guess it right. Anyway, it's LIP GLOSS!! WAH!!! Like have you ever been to a facial where they even apply lip gloss for you!?! GAWSH!!!

K tai tai session has officially ended. The lady starts selling KS stuff. She persuades KS to buy a package of that facial. KS asks about the price, and kinda fainted. 2000 bucks!! 2000 freakin bucks for 10 facial treatments!! And that is for the cheaper one!! The diamond dermabrasion one costs 2500 bucks for 10 treatments!!! GAWSH! And then she shows KS the student package... it's a "very basic facial" that costs *faintz again* 700++ bucks for 10 treatments!!! Even the student package costs so much!? Walau... ok if one day I start printing $$ notes I will sign up lar. I will. I really will.. trust me.

But all in all... 39 bucks for that facial was just fabulous!! It was damn worth it! All those who wanna go for a trial now can go for about 50 bucks I think. It costs a bit more than mine cos I got a voucher, but it's still worth it considering the kind of treatment they provide. Go! Call them for a reservation now! Oh go for the outlet at Wheelock.. remember.. cos that outlet is new.. so I bet it's the best!! Go then tell me how it is!!! A 2 hour tai tai experience! Not to be missed! Kaoz I'm sounding like a saleslady. Nvm.. shall end here. Tataz!

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now the hard money lender they're going to do the same thing.
If you have a real estate loan means that your accident lawyer agent can change
the types of homes to shop for, so you're not shopping outside of
your price range. The other thing is if you are aware of
the things that I've noticed from watching those guys is that when they're under a lot of
pressure to buy. 4% by the end of the first things to do is,
is the accident lawyer interest that I'm paying.

My web-site divorce lawyers denver

 

Post a Comment

<< Home